A little about Tim
Tim qualified as a solicitor in 1992 and has been a member of the Law Society's Personal Injury Panel since 1996. He is also a member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers, the Pan-European Organisation of Personal Injury Lawyers (PEOPIL) and Push Bikes, the Birmingham Cycling campaign.
Tim joined Levenes in 2000 and became a Partner in 2004.
Based in Birmingham but acting for clients all over England and Wales, Tim is the Head of Serious Injury Claims.
Tim acts for the victims of all types of accidents but particularly specialises in cycling and motorcycling accidents, accidents at work and cases of life changing injuries resulting from brain injury, spinal cord injury and amputations. He has been involved in a number of multi-million pound settlements. He also acts as a Court of Protection appointed Deputy where clients are unable to manage their property or affairs or make financial decisions because they lack mental capacity.
Tim’s expertise and experience in Brain and Head Injury claims work has been recognised by Headway, the leading Brain Injury charity which has appointed Tim as a member of the Headway Solicitors Directory, and by the Spinal Injuries Association for Spinal Cord Injury claims.
Tim has considerable experience in claims arising from accidents abroad where issues of jurisdiction arise. He leads a team who specialise in representing clients who do not speak English. Members of his team are proficient in several languages and in some cases are either Registered European Lawyers or dual qualified as solicitors in England and Wales as well as other jurisdictions. Tim is reluctant to admit that he speaks a little French.
Outside the law, Tim enjoys cycling. He has cycled from Lands End to John O’Groats (raising £2,500 for the Spinal Injuries Association and the Child Brain Injury Trust) and boating, which he has pursued extensively in England, Ireland, Belgium, Holland and France. He holds an International Certificate of Competence for the navigation of powered craft in Inland Waterways.
- Operation Close Pass and Cambridgeshire Police
- Pedestrian injured in a road traffic accident awarded £100K
- £30,000 in compensation for the Claimant, whose foot was run over in a parking space row
- Claimant who injured her back receives £20,000 despite denial of liability
- Bike Camera Footage Wins Case For Cyclist
- Company prosecuted for Health and Safety breaches
- Cyclist hit by a car receives £50,000 in compensation
- Levenes secure £5.25m settlement for road accident victim
- £250,000 for multiple injuries in a fork lift truck accident
- Lorry driver receives £18,000 for finger fracture
- £20,000 award for injuries caused by tripping at work
- £90,000 settlement for permanent blindness in one eye
- £150,000 Settlement for Knee Injury
- Ankle fracture case
- Levenes Partner Secures Major £4M Award for Severe Brain Injury
- Fruit Picker awarded £42,500 After Breaking Her Ankle on the Farm
- £125,000 Payout for Asthma Caused by Working with Fibre-Glass
- £55,000 for shoulder fractured in a German motorway accident
- Client injured by uninsured driver whilst on holiday abroad
- Family awarded £9,600 following whiplash injuries sustained on holiday
- Successful Claim for a Car Accident in Italy
- Compensation for Canadian tourist injured during visit to London
- £100,000 settlement for wrist injury to lorry driver
- Settlement agreed with insurers after motorbike accident
- Claim succeeds after several other law firms had turned it down
- Hen night spoiled by speed bump!
- Forklift accident won't stop fisherman, Nick
- Claimant receives one of the highest known settlements for chronic pain disorder
- Large Settlement for Polish Farm Labourer
- Motorcycling doctor receives more than half a million pounds compensation
- Daniel Edwards paralysed by 'needless' accident
- Levenes attend the 20th PEOPIL annual conference
- Levenes multilingual solicitors take on European cycling challenges
- Levenes welcomes change which will increase the amount of lump sum damages awards for future loss
- Levenes partner cycling from London to Paris for charity
- Levenes acting for cyclist victim of hit and run
- Levenes Partner’s Expertise in Brain Injury Work recognised by Headway
- Levenes Partner is calling for Space for Cycling
- British Indian Awards 2014
- Cycle Accident Liability in Europe, a comparison- Part Two
- Cycle Accident Liability in Europe, a comparison- Part One
- Levenes Partner attending European Conference of Personal Injury Lawyers
- Blakemores Solicitors - SRA Intervention