Building Site Accident Claims
Have you suffered a personal injury in an accident when you were working on a building site? Building sites are very dangerous places in which to work and many workers are injured or killed. Employers have a duty to protect workers against injuries on building sites. However many injuries are caused because employers break the law. There are many regulations such as The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007 which are designed to protect workers from injury.
Types of accidents on building sites are caused often by:
- Faulty scaffolding and machinery
- Falls from roofs, cranes, ladders
- Falls into unguarded holes, pits or trenches
- Failing to keep the site reasonably clean and tidy
- Failing to properly plan how to do a job
- Cutting corners in the interests of profit and at the expense of safety.
Many workers on building sites are self-employed. Even if you are 'self-employed' for tax purposes, you may well be regarded as employed if the person or company you work for controls and directs your work or provides you with the equipment you need to do the job. Our team of specialist work accident personal injury solicitors have won many claims for injuries caused by accidents on building sites. These kinds of accidents are very common. The construction industry still has one of the worst records for accidents and injuries.
Common injuries caused on building sites include:
- Burns caused by fires or exposure to chemicals.
- Head and Brian Injuries caused by being struck by tools, material or equipment.
- Back injuries caused by falls or lifting accidents
- Fractures to wrists, arms and legs caused by collisions with heavy plant or equipment.
- Fatal Injuries
- Amputations or other serious injuries to the fingers and hands caused by operating dangerous machinery.
We offer a genuine 'no win no fee' service, meaning that if your claim is unsuccessful, you don’t pay a penny.
With a nationwide service, we can visit you at home, work or in hospital.
We successfully conclude thousands of cases each year, securing compensation for our clients from £1,000 to over £1,000,000.
Find Out Within 1 Hour if we Can Help
"Thank you for the great work you did in my case..."Mr P, Garston, Hertfordshire