Defective Equipment Claims
Were you injured when using Defective Equipment at work? Does your employer check your work equipment regularly? Were you using the right tool for the job? Did your employer even think about how the job could be safely done with the right equipment?
Many injuries are caused because employers do not comply with the law. Your employer should supply you with the right equipment for the job you are doing. If you are not using the right equipment an accident is more likely. If the equipment is broken or defective in some way your employer will be liable even if your employer did not know that the equipment was defective.
Under the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 your employer must supply you with suitable equipment in good working condition.
Our team of specialist work accident solicitors have won many claims for injuries caused by defective equipment at work.
Common accidents caused by defective or inappropriate equipment include:
- Ladders which collapse because they are not maintained properly.
- Ladders which are too short for the job
- Tools which are broken
- Machines which do not have guards to prevent fingers and hands being caught in dangerous machinery
- Makeshift solutions for problems at work when proper planning would have told the employer what equipment to use
- Bodged adaptation of the wrong work equipment to do a job the equipment was not designed to do
Common injuries caused by defective or unsuitable equipment include:
- Fractures to wrists, arms and legs caused by falls from unsuitable ladders
- Amputations and crush injuries to hands and fingers caused when using machines without adequate guards or fences
We offer a genuine 'no win no fee' service, meaning that if your claim is unsuccessful, you don’t pay a penny.
With a nationwide service, we can visit you at home, work or in hospital.
We successfully conclude thousands of cases each year, securing compensation for our clients from £1,000 to over £1,000,000.
Find Out Within 1 Hour if we Can Help
"Eduardo... A big thank you to yourself and all who worked with you on my case..."R C