Spinal Injury Compensation Payouts UK
The amount you are likely to be awarded will depend on the severity and level of your spinal cord injury.
Spinal cord injuries are often classified as complete and incomplete. A complete injury means that the damage to the spinal cord is so severe that there is no function below the level of the injury. With an incomplete injury there may be some function.
The level of the injury on the spinal cord is the other very important factor in determining the level of disability. If the upper limbs are affected as well as the lower limbs, this is known as tetraplegia and if only the lower limbs are affected, this is known as paraplegia.
Injuries involving paralysis
Tetraplegia (also known as Quadriplegia): £284,610 – £354,260
Paraplegia: £192,090 – £249,270
The most important point for us is to ensure that your needs are met whatever the severity and consequences of the injury, and that you are properly compensated.
Levenes has secured substantial compensation payments for paraplegic and tetraplegic clients of millions of pounds.
We understand the impact of the injuries upon you and we know how important it is to secure an early interim payment.
To read more about the levels of compensation for your pain and suffering please click here .
Financial Losses and Expenses
As well as compensation for pain and suffering, you are also entitled to be compensated for a wide range of financial losses and expenses you have incurred and for losses and expenses that you are likely to incur in the future.
Examples of the sorts of claims that you can make include:
- Loss of earnings
- Lifetime care and assistance
- Private medical treatment including an annual health check-up
- Occupational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Other forms of rehabilitation
- Transport costs
- An adapted car
- Specialist equipment
- Extra cost of holidays
There is so much to be organised that in most cases a specialist Case Manager is appointed to help arrange and provide a range of services that you need to take the burden away from you.
You and your loved ones are involved at every stage at the heart of what we do.
These services are funded by interim payments at the earliest possible stage.
We cooperate with insurers to try to ensure that you are provided with what you need. Early rehabilitation can make a difference to the quality of your life and it is our paramount goal to secure this help and support at the earliest possible stage.
If you are in receipt of means tested benefits, which is likely if you are not able to work, then it is advisable to set up a Special Needs Trust within 12 months of your first interim payment which enables you to continue to receive benefits even when you are receiving compensation payments through the claim.
Why choose Levenes?
We work diligently for our clients to help them put their lives back together and at the same time obtain the maximum compensation. With us on your side, you can expect:
- Over 100 years of combined experience – We have proven results; we are lawyers who fight for you with a record of success.
- Strong litigators – We are not afraid to take your case to court if we have to. We stand up for the rights of the injured and not for the rights of the big corporations.
- Empathy – We pride ourselves on our compassion and understanding and we are easy to talk to. We always put your interest first and we treat you as our family.
- A personal approach – Your case will be handled directly by one our partners with support from our team of lawyers.
- A tailor-made approach – Every client is treated individually and not as a number, to achieve the best possible result that you deserve.
- Clear communication – We talk to you in a down to earth way. We avoid legal jargon unless it cannot be avoided, and if so, we explain things clearly and simply.
- Maximum compensation – We have the courage to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Full attention – We have the resources to focus on every detail of the case and consider every angle. We do not spread ourselves too thinly – you deserve our full attention.
A lifetime of support
When your claim is settled, you file is not closed, and you are never forgotten. We are there for you for advice when you need it.
After your settlement, you should take independent financial advice so that your settlement can be invested in safe investments.
We are not financial advisers, but we work with respected and trusted advisers who are experienced in advising injured people to make the right decisions.
We can act as trustee if you feel you need that extra support in managing your investments.
We can also prepare a will for you so that your loved ones are protected.
You are part of the Levenes family – and you are always welcome to contact us at any time free of charge.
We are your lawyers for life.