Colin is a Consultant at Levenes Midland and London offices and is an all rounder dealing with all types of personal injury and accident claims.
Colin qualified as a solicitor in 1994 having worked in heavy industry, and before joining Levenes worked for a prominent East Midlands trade union firm, giving him a solid grounding in dealing with accidents at work. Colin was made a partner in May 2011 and is a member of the Law Society’s Personal Injury Panel. Out of work Colin enjoys road running (preferred distance 13.1 miles) and cycling in England and France, riding occasionally a refurbished 1978 Dawes Galaxy tourer but more often a Trek 1.1. In October 2013 Colin raised nearly £1,000 for Bowel Cancer UK running three half-marathons in Nottingham, Newcastle and Amsterdam. Indoors Colin takes an interest in European affairs and languages. Colin deals with claims for clients from all backgrounds. Apart from English-speaking claimants, Colin has settled numerous claims from minority language backgrounds including Polish, Slovak, Latvian, Lithuanian and Mandarin. Notable recent successes include obtaining a substantial settlement for a claimant in a road traffic accident after proceedings had been brought against the claimant by another driver and damages settled on that driver; the case had been turned down by two previous firms of solicitors.
Colin’s recent settlements are listed below. In all of these cases proceedings were issued but settlement was achieved before trial.
- Hand injury in road traffic accident – £75,000
- Partial loss of third and fourth fingers – £115,000
- Partial loss of sight in one eye – £115,000
- Wrist injury following a fall – £25,000
- Ankle injuries following a road traffic accident – £65,000
- Back injury following lifting at work – £22,000
- Multiple injuries for pensioner in road traffic accident – £45,000
- Shoulder and knee injuries following running down incident – £65,000
- Back injury for passenger – £75,000
- Foot injury at work – £45,000
- Back injury and anxiety following accident at work – £45,000
- Facial scarring following road traffic accident – £20,000
- Back injury following accident at work – £47,500
- Knee injury following accident at work – £35,000
- Foot injury following fall from ladder – £60,000
- Knee injury following slip at work – £87,000
- Shoulder injury following slip at work – £28,000
- Miscellaneous injuries following running down accident – £22,000
- Back injury following accident at work – £135,000
- Wrist injury following fall at work – £42,500
- Shoulder injury at work – £40,000
- Internal injuries through manual handling at work – £45,000
- Shoulder injury at work – £30,000
- Please say thank you to Mr Colin Martyr on my behalf for his hard work. He is the best solicitor in the world and I am glad that I allowed him “to worry for me”. I did not expect such great final result. I am ecstatic and I would like to thank everybody who was involved in my case. A.B.
- Solicitors & Legal Executives
Consultant[email protected]020 8826 1307