Factory Accident Claim
We have extensive experience of dealing with factory accident compensation claims having dealt with this type of claim for over 30 years and because these types of accidents are very common.
Factories are busy workplaces with employees operating machines, sometimes walking between machines as well as unloading and packing the finished products. Meanwhile, pallet trucks and forklifts may be moving raw materials and finished products around the factory. This is usually happening with workers working under extreme pressure to meet delivery deadlines and daily targets. It is hardly surprising then how common these accidents are.
The most common causes of factory accidents
Typically, accidents in factories can occur because of a variety of issues, including human error, failures of work equipment and the lack of a safe system and safe place of work.
The sort of accidents we have dealt with include:
- Machines which are unsafe because of the way they have been set up.
- Machines which are dangerous because they have been modified
- Machines which are unsafe because they have not been properly maintained.
- Guards and other safety measures are missing or have been removed or bypassed.
- Unsafe practices have been allowed to happen to speed up production.
See an example of how Levenes’ serious injury claim solicitors were able to help.
Types of injuries in factory accidents
Many injuries occur because employers do not follow the law.
Over the years, Levenes Solicitors have noted how often these sorts of accidents occur time after time.
Accidents of this type are common in both large and small workplaces – it all depends on the culture of the employer and whether there is good health and safety in practice.
Accidents in factories such as the types we have listed above, typically include:
- Crushing injuries to hands and fingers
- Scalping injuries
- Burns and electrocution
- Head injuries
- Brain injuries
- Back injuries
- Shoulder injuries
Why choose Levenes?
We work diligently for our clients to help them put their lives back together and at the same time obtain the maximum compensation. With us on your side, you can expect:
- Over 100 years of combined experience – We have proven results; we are lawyers who fight for you with a record of success.
- Strong litigators – We are not afraid to take your case to court if we have to. We stand up for the rights of the injured and not for the rights of the big corporations.
- Empathy – We pride ourselves on our compassion and understanding and we are easy to talk to. We always put your interest first and we treat you as our family.
- A personal approach – Your case will be handled directly by one our partners with support from our team of lawyers.
- A tailor-made approach – Every client is treated individually and not as a number, to achieve the best possible result that you deserve.
- Clear communication – We talk to you in a down to earth way. We avoid legal jargon unless it cannot be avoided, and if so, we explain things clearly and simply.
- Maximum compensation – We have the courage to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Full attention – We have the resources to focus on every detail of the case and consider every angle. We do not spread ourselves too thinly – you deserve our full attention.
How much can I claim?
No two cases are exactly alike but what they all have in common is that you need specialist advice to ensure that you recover the maximum compensation that you are entitled to receive.
The amount you will receive will be determined by how well you recover. Compensation can help with medical treatment, physiotherapy and other therapies and also equipment that you are going to need. If you cannot manage all the activities of daily living, then you may need support in and around the home.
Getting the right help, expert advice and support is key because in most serious injury claims, your final settlement will need to cover your needs now but also in the long term, and those needs might increase as you get older.