Flying objects accident claim
Who is responsible?
Contractors working on construction sites are responsible for ensuring that objects cannot be dislodged by the wind. It is reasonably foreseeable that this can happen. There have been many examples, including fatal cases, where building materials have been blown by the wind and struck innocent bystanders. Tools, building materials and other equipment should always be secured. Similarly, street furniture, such as advertising signs, barriers, tables and chairs put out by cafés should be secure. If they are not, then the company in control of the site, or who put out the object will be liable.
Typical injuries from flying objects include:
- Head Injuries.
- Cuts, bruises and lacerations.
- Neck and back injuries.
- Fractures and crushing injuries.
What to do after
When you are involved in this sort of accident you should seek urgent medical attention. In addition, you should make a careful note of the accident location. Take photos and video footage on your phone if you can. Make a note of the position of any CCTV cameras and request the footage as soon as possible. Make a note of the details of any witnesses. Report the incident to the company in control of the premises.
How much is your claim worth?
It is hard to determine the value of a claim without obtaining medical evidence. In each case, we recommend that we obtain medical records and then an independent report which will set out details of the injuries suffered. In addition, we will take details from you of any financial losses that you have suffered.
Time limits to make a claim
The general rule is that you have 3 years from the date of the accident to make a claim, though for children, the time limit runs from their 18th birthday. We strongly recommend that claims are made without delay. This is because it is generally harder to obtain evidence to support a claim, the longer the delay in making the claim.
How long does the compensation claim process take?
Once we have full details from you, we can then submit the claim on your behalf against the party we believe are responsible. How long the claim may take depends on whether or not the claim is disputed and also the severity of your injuries. Claims typically take months to resolve but in more complex cases can take longer. Our aim is to proceed with you case as quickly as possible.
Why choose Levenes?
We work diligently for our clients to help them put their lives back together and at the same time obtain the maximum compensation. With us on your side, you can expect:
- Over 100 years of combined experience – We have proven results; we are lawyers who fight for you with a record of success.
- Strong litigators – We are not afraid to take your case to court if we have to. We stand up for the rights of the injured and not for the rights of the big corporations.
- Empathy – We pride ourselves on our compassion and understanding and we are easy to talk to. We always put your interest first and we treat you as our family.
- A personal approach – Your case will be handled directly by one our partners with support from our team of lawyers.
- A tailor-made approach – Every client is treated individually and not as a number, to achieve the best possible result that you deserve.
- Clear communication – We talk to you in a down to earth way. We avoid legal jargon unless it cannot be avoided, and if so, we explain things clearly and simply.
- Maximum compensation – We have the courage to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Full attention – We have the resources to focus on every detail of the case and consider every angle. We do not spread ourselves too thinly – you deserve our full attention.