Catastrophic Personal Injury Claims
Comment from a recent client:
“I cannot imagine that someone else could have handled my case, and thanks to them I was able to have all surgeries on a private basis and I have obtained the compensation I deserved. This is amazing because now my future is financially secured.”
Providing top quality legal services for life changing injury compensation claims for more than 30 years
Catastrophic injury solicitors & lawyers
We understand the consequences of catastrophic injury on our clients because we take the time to get to know our clients. We understand the physical pain and suffering, loss of earnings and stress that you are going through. We also know that whilst the NHS will do their best for you, you may recover better and have a greater quality of life if you can pay for private treatment.
This is where Levenes step up to the plate. When we are instructed, we have 2 goals in mind – to help you recover as fully as possible and to ensure that you are properly compensated once the full consequences of your injury are known. We cannot change the past, but we give you and your family the chance to put your life back together and secure your future.
We put you first to get the best result for you – it’s why we get up in the morning!
Please call one of our catastrophic injury claim solicitors on
Why choose Levenes?
Focused solely on helping personal injury victims
We work diligently for our clients to help them put their lives back together and at the same time obtain the maximum compensation. With us on your side, you can expect:
- Over 100 years of combined experience – We have proven results; we are lawyers who fight for you with a record of success.
- Strong litigators – We are not afraid to take your case to court if we have to. We stand up for the rights of the injured and not for the rights of the big corporations.
- Empathy – We pride ourselves on our compassion and understanding and we are easy to talk to. We always put your interest first and we treat you as our family.
- A personal approach – Your case will be handled directly by one our partners with support from our team of lawyers.
- A tailor-made approach – Every client is treated individually and not as a number, to achieve the best possible result that you deserve.
- Clear communication – We talk to you in a down to earth way. We avoid legal jargon unless it cannot be avoided, and if so, we explain things clearly and simply.
- Maximum compensation – We have the courage to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Full attention – We have the resources to focus on every detail of the case and consider every angle. We do not spread ourselves too thinly – you deserve our full attention.
What are catastrophic personal injury claims?
Whether you were involved in a road traffic collision and suffered a brain or spinal injury in a fall or terrible burns in a fire or explosion, or you have lost a leg or an arm, then your injuries are catastrophic – and you are likely to require life-long care and support.
A catastrophic injury is an injury to the spinal cord, or brain, or the loss of a limb, or burns over a large surface area of the body the effects of which are devastating for the individual concerned.
How do catastrophic injuries occur?
Catastrophic injury can happen in many ways for example:
- Road Traffic Collisions
- Operating dangerous machinery
- Negligent co-workers driving forklift trucks or operating other machinery
- Chemical spillages, fires and explosions
- Falls from height
- Hair or clothing being caught in machines
- Collapses of scaffolding
What are common types of catastrophic personal injury claim?
Traumatic brain injury resulting in problems with speech, memory, loss of motor function, incontinence, changes of personality and behavioural problems, relationship breakdown, emotional problems, difficulties managing money and making decisions.
Spinal cord injury can be complete or incomplete and may result in paralysis below the level of the injury or other sever restriction of function, as well as problems with breathing, chronic pain, incontinence and sexual dysfunction.
Severe burn injury can cause severe disfigurement, debilitating pain and permanent disability due to contractions of the soft tissues under the skin and development of thick scar tissue.
Loss of one or more limbs resulting in the need for prosthetics and adaptations to the home.
What types of compensation result from catastrophic injury claim?
- Medical treatment
- Carers or support workers
- Physiotherapy and occupational therapy
- Psychological therapy
- Special equipment such as a height and posture adjustable bed, wheelchairs, hoists, and even a special toilet
- Adaptations to the home, such as installing a wet-room and therapy room
- The purchase of a new home if your existing home cannot be adapted
- Loss of earnings
The long-term effects of a catastrophic injury is that the effects of the injury need to be fully assessed and quantified.
There are risks of deterioration to the spinal cord (syringomyelia) following spinal cord injury and epilepsy after brain injury.
Someone who is paralysed below the waist is likely to need increasing care as they age – their shoulders suffer greater wear and tear from transfers.
Brain injury can result in a total change of personality, the breakdown of relationships, mental health problems, isolation and inability to hold down a job.
The insurer who is liable to pay compensation is not looking to pay you a penny more than they can get away with. So unless all aspects of the case are properly investigated and considered and all angles advanced, proper compensation will not be obtained.
It is essential that the solicitor who deals with your claim fully understands and anticipates all the issues that will arise, can plan the case strategically and has access to all the top experts that will help quantify the claims that you should make.
When the insurance company tries to kick you while you’re down, we pick you up and fight back. We have the tools and experience to level the playing field between our clients and these unfeeling, profit-driven corporations – making your voice heard.
Read about our recent catastrophic scalp injury claim:
Company and Director fined over £500,000 following horrific workplace accident