One of the most celebrated institutions in British life since it was established in 1948 is the National Health Service. Without having to pay, the NHS is there for us round the clock. They treat millions of patients every year and most of the time, provide a fabulous level of care despite the pressures on them.
Every patient goes to the doctor to get better but sometimes things go wrong as a result of human or system error, and patients can be harmed as a result of medical negligence.
Levenes are specialist solicitors with experience of handling a range of medical negligence cases.
These cases are complex, and you need specialist medical negligence solicitors to support and advise you from the earliest stage.
If you believe you, or your family, are the victims of medical negligence, our specialist solicitors can support you through the process of making a claim for compensation.
At Levenes solicitors we are registered with the SRA for your peace of mind and we offer a genuine ‘no win no fee’ service for medical negligence claims. Meaning that if your claim for compensation is unsuccessful, there is no financial risk to you.
Plus, with a nationwide service, one of our expert injury solicitors can visit you at home, work or in hospital.
Common Causes of Medical Negligence:
If you’ve been affected by any of the above, then get in touch with our experienced team of personal injury solicitors.
Levenes Solicitors handle a wide range of medical negligent compensation claims each year and successfully help clients obtain compensation of millions of pounds each year.
What is medical negligence
How do you prove medical negligence?
You have to prove that the standard of care provided to you was below the standard of care that should have been provided.
This requires the opinion of an independent expert specialising in the field involved, who will consider how you were treated and how you should have been treated. Experts consider the medical records and guidelines published by the National Institute for Clinical Excellence.
Investigating your claim
We will advise you on how to investigate the claim.
We may advise you to make a complaint if it is less than 1 year since the incident occurred and this can give us early information from the hospital as to their explanation of what went wrong.
We will get the medical records and then instruct an expert to review them and provide an opinion on whether there was a breach of duty and if so what that breach of duty has caused to you. This report is key as it will tell us what went wrong and what difference has made to you.
We then send a letter of claim as well as getting other reports and evidence of your losses.
Why choose Levenes?
We work diligently for our clients to help them put their lives back together and at the same time obtain the maximum compensation. With us on your side, you can expect:
- Over 100 years of combined experience – We have proven results; we are lawyers who fight for you with a record of success.
- Strong litigators – We are not afraid to take your case to court if we have to. We stand up for the rights of the injured and not for the rights of the big corporations.
- Empathy – We pride ourselves on our compassion and understanding and we are easy to talk to. We always put your interest first and we treat you as our family.
- A personal approach – Your case will be handled directly by one our partners with support from our team of lawyers.
- A tailor-made approach – Every client is treated individually and not as a number, to achieve the best possible result that you deserve.
- Clear communication – We talk to you in a down to earth way. We avoid legal jargon unless it cannot be avoided, and if so, we explain things clearly and simply.
- Maximum compensation – We have the courage to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Full attention – We have the resources to focus on every detail of the case and consider every angle. We do not spread ourselves too thinly – you deserve our full attention.