Brain Injury Compensation Payouts UK
Brain injuries are often classified as to how severe they are and there are various alternative methods of classification brain injury. Depending on the classification system being used, brain injury might be described as mild, moderate or severe. However, for the purpose of calculating compensation, it is the impact of the brain injury on daily life which is all important.
Our brain injury solicitors will advise you based on expert evidence on the severity of your injury and how this translate into an award of compensation.
Awards of compensation for brain injury include for pain and suffering and loss of amenity. These awards are assessed by reference to guidelines. Here below we set out some of the guidelines for brain injury compensation awards (15th Edition of the Judicial College Guidelines).
Our solicitor handling your case will provide you with a more precise evaluation based on the expert evidence in your case.
Very severe brain damage £264,650 to £379,100
Moderately severe brain injury £205,580 to £264,650
Moderate brain damage £40,410 to £205,580
Less severe brain damage £14,380 to £40,410.
Minor brain or head injury £2,070 to £11,980
The above figures are for the injury itself and not for financial losses that you can also claim.
Levenes has secured substantial compensation payments for brain injured clients of millions of pounds.
These claims are substantial because the brain injury has resulted in the need for substantial care and support.
The most important point for us is to ensure that your needs for therapy, care and support are met whatever the severity and consequences of the injury, and that you are properly compensated.
We understand the impact that brain injury can have upon you and we know how important it is to secure an early interim payment.
Please call one of our brain injury claim solicitors
Financial Losses and Expenses
In addition to compensation for the brain injury itself, you can also claim for all your financial losses and expenses. Many of the items which can be claimed are needed in order to make your life more comfortable and management.
Examples of claims that are often made include:
- Loss of earnings
- Care and Assistance
- Occupational Therapy
- Travel Expenses
- An adapted car
- Adaptations to your home
- Aids and Appliances
Often in these cases, a specialist Brain Injury Case Manager is employed to coordinate all the assessments and arrange for you to have the care and support and special equipment that you need.
We involve you and your family very closely in all decisions, putting you in control of your life.
We obtain interim payments so that all these services can be paid for.
At the earliest stage of the case, we concentrate on ensuring that you are relieved of the worry and stress of how you will manage. We focus on securing for you rehabilitation to help you make the best recovery possibly achievable.
In some cases, as a result of brain injury the ability to make financial decisions has been lost. In that situation, clients are helped to make decisions for themselves as far as possible, but if the brain injury is so severe, that our client cannot make these decisions, we will advise you on the need to appoint someone, called a Deputy, to make those decisions.
Always there for you
Even after your claim has been concluded, you can call upon us for advice.
We recommend that you take independent financial advice so that your settlement Is wisely invested as the money needs to be there for you for many years to come.
If a client is not able to make financial decisions, a Deputy will be appointed by the court to make investment decisions.
Part of our service includes drafting a will for you to give you peace of mind.
You are part of the Levenes family – and you are always welcome to contact us at any time free of charge.
We are your lawyers for life.
Why choose Levenes?
We work diligently for our clients to help them put their lives back together and at the same time obtain the maximum compensation. With us on your side, you can expect:
- Over 100 years of combined experience – We have proven results; we are lawyers who fight for you with a record of success.
- Strong litigators – We are not afraid to take your case to court if we have to. We stand up for the rights of the injured and not for the rights of the big corporations.
- Empathy – We pride ourselves on our compassion and understanding and we are easy to talk to. We always put your interest first and we treat you as our family.
- A personal approach – Your case will be handled directly by one our partners with support from our team of lawyers.
- A tailor-made approach – Every client is treated individually and not as a number, to achieve the best possible result that you deserve.
- Clear communication – We talk to you in a down to earth way. We avoid legal jargon unless it cannot be avoided, and if so, we explain things clearly and simply.
- Maximum compensation – We have the courage to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Full attention – We have the resources to focus on every detail of the case and consider every angle. We do not spread ourselves too thinly – you deserve our full attention.