Court of Protection
The loss of mental capacity can happen as a result of traumatic brain injury or a medical condition which causes loss of or impairment in the functions of the brain, such as with many forms of dementia. The loss of mental capacity can have devastating consequences and can be personally distressing for the person concerned and their family.
Court of protection deputy
Tim Beasley, a partner with Levenes with considerable experience of handling brain injury claims, acts as a professional Deputy for clients who have lost capacity.
Court of protection solicitors
- You are responsible for managing someone else’s affairs
- You are concerned about the ability of someone else to manage their affairs
- You are concerned about your own ability to manage your affairs
- There is a dispute or uncertainty about someone’s ability to make decisions for him/herself
- There is a dispute about what social care, residence or medical treatment is in a person’s best interests