Mehtap qualified as a solicitor in 2006 having joined Levenes in 2003. She is a member of APIL (Association of Personal injury Lawyers).
Mehtap deals with a variety of personal injury claims, including; Road Traffic Accidents, Accidents at Work, Slipping and Tripping Accidents and Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) claims. She also has some experience dealing with Clinical/Medical Negligence claims.
She is also fluent in Turkish and represents clients from the Turkish speaking community.
Her caseload includes clients who have sustained multiple fractures and brain injuries and some of the cases that she has successfully settled include:
- A Pedestrian who sustained multiple injuries and due to her age was disadvantaged in the open labour market – £100,000
- A Cyclist who sustained lower limb fractures and was unable to return to his pre-accident employment – £300,000
- A motorcyclist who suffered a serious fracture to his upper limb and was unable to work on a full-time basis – just under £200,000
- An employee who was involved in a slipping accident at work and sustained an injury to his back – £275,000
- An employee who fell from height at work and injured his back and ankle – £150,000
In addition to her own caseload, Mehtap assists Partners in cases that involve complex and serious brain injuries and spinal cord injuries.
- Solicitors & Legal Executives